This week's top five wednesday is the the top five series I want to start this year.

If you didn't know T5W was created by gingerreadslainey and every Wednesday there's a topic in which we choose our top 5 to it. If you want to join, check out the discussion page!

This was difficult because I'm very behind on my series reading because my tbr shelf is packed. But there are just so many good books out there and series I need to read that limiting this to 5 was a pain. So I just went with the top 5 that popped into my head.

Hopefully I do get to these, though I should buy them first to initiate the reading of them....

Anyway.

5) Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan

I finished the Percy Jackson series during the summer of 2013, but for some reason I never picked up the Lost Hero. I don't know why either, Percy Jackson is one of my all time favorite series.

4) The Dark Elements by Jennifer L. Armentrout

It's no secret that I love Jennifer L. Armentrout and that I want to read her books. Actually I did attempt to buy this book last year but I was having issues with the book store and my stuff never shipped. That being said I still really want to read these books. I think the reason I haven't yet is because I'm waiting for the last book to come out.

3) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

I've seen two booktubers rave about this book and being as those two have never done me wrong before, they've persuaded me into wanting to read this massive series-though I'm still a bit hesitant because of the size. I don't know much because I like to go into books blind, but i do know that this series has time travel and one hot love interest. i haven't seen the show yet, as I wanna read the book first because I always end up liking one and disliking the other if I see the t.v show first.

2)  Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin

Another massive series. Everyone knows what this is about so I wont go into detail, but I know that everyone loves this series and that I should have started it when the show started. I'm hesitant thought because apparently this series also likes to rip peoples hearts out (i know daenerys' story and wow the tears are real). I think I'm emotionally stable enough to start this though.

1) Misborn by Brandon Sanderson

Or just any one of his books really. They all sound really good. This series in particular has many many people rave about it and I think it's about time I jump on the bandwagon. I don't know much, but I know this has magic in it and I love me a good magical book.

So there we have it. I've just realized there is a particular theme I have going on with each of these books. I think it's saying something about the kind of genre I prefer. Let me know what series you want to start this year!